Table of Contents
- 1.1. Introduction
- 1.2. Sound: what is it?
- 1.3. Sound propagation through the air
- 1.4. Properties of sound
- 1.5. Combination of pure sinusoids
- 1.6. Time-Frequency representation
- 1.7. Harmonic content of a waveform
- 1.8. Basic waveforms
- 1.9. Sound envelope
- 1.10. Reflection, diffraction, refraction, absorption
This section introduces sound as a physical entity and illustrates its main characteristics. We shall also take a look at elementary sounds on which all complex sounds are based. Finally we shall describe the way sound behaves when it interacts with obstacles on its path.